What is rig activity analysis?
Rig activity analysis involves the use of computerized algorithms to analyze drilling data at a detailed level (e.g. every 10 seconds), to determine what the rig is doing at each point in time. This data is then aggregated to report on a rig’s performance in the various functions involved in the drilling of a well.
What are the benefits of rig activity analysis?
Once the data has been analyzed for a number of wells, performance comparisons can be made; rig to rig, crew to crew, well to well, area to area, etc. These results can be used to:
- Rank rigs and assess their relative value vs cost
- Identify pacesetter performance in all functional areas
- Identify best practices
- Standardize operations & improve consistency
- Identify procedural &/or technology upgrade requirements
- REDUCE DRILLING TIME & COST